Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council
Welcome to our Town
The Next Council Meeting is in
Next Council Meeting
Tuesday 4 April 2023
. There will then be a 15 minute period set aside for reports from our County and District Councillors (if in attendance) followed by a public session for members of the public to address or make representations to the Council.
Welcome to the Town of Leiston, with the adjoining hamlet of Sizewell, which is situated on the Suffolk coastline and countryside. With a population of just 5,800 residents Leiston and Sizewell have an array of attractions and shops to offer. Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council are pleased to boast such a wonderful town, steeped in industrial history and which has buckets of character.
The Council offer many amenities for the town, including Suffolk’s Oldest Purpose Built Cinema – Leiston Film Theatre, a Skate Park, a Community Orchard as well as many peaceful walks to be enjoyed by all on two legs, four legs or on wheels!
The Town Council provides local services, help and support for residents, local business, organisations and events, why not check out what the Council are doing for you….
Orchard Tidy – Are you green fingered and would like to lend a helping hand this Saturday?
Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council will be holding an Orchard Tidy on Saturday 1 April, 10am to 12noon. Everyone welcomed, bring your own spade!!
17th March 2023
NOTICE OF ELECTION
1. An election is to be held for Councillors for Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council.
2. The number of Councillors to be elected is 15.
3. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Returning Officer at the addresses shown below or by emailing email@example.com
4. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at one of the addresses shown below, on any working day from the date of this notice, between 9.30am and 4.30pm but not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 4 April 2023.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4 May 2023 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
6. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Monday, 17 April 2023. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/registertovote
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal and postal proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 18 April 2023.
8. Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector’s
Document valid for this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 25 April 2023. Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate can be made online: www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate
9. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 25 April 2023.
10.Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 4 May 2023.
Winter 2023 Newsletter
Electoral Registration Officer
East Suffolk Council
4 Canning Road
Returning Officer Addresses
East Suffolk Council
East Suffolk House
Minutes and Agendas
Town Council Minutes and Agendas