The latest Government announcements:
Help Control the Virus
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- Wash Hands – Keep washing your hands regularly.
- Cover Face – Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces.
- Make Space – Stay at least a metre away from people not in your household.
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.
The Council Office is open to the general public, we ask that you still take the necessary precautions;
• Using the hand gel available,
• Keeping 2 meters distance,
• Wear a mask.
You can contact the Town Clerk on the information below, during normal office hours.
Telephone: 01728 830388
If you would like to join a virtual Council Meeting please email the Town Clerk for an invite.
There is also lots of information being shared about the Coronavirus, but we should ensure we are receiving the correct information. Please check the following websites for correct up-to-date information:
Leiston’s Recycling Centre is now open again, but you will need to BOOK A SLOT before you turn up, as you will be turned away.
For those who have an ALLOTMENT PLOT, we ask that you still ensure you follow the social distancing advised by the Government when tending to your plot and you are not spending long periods of time on your plot. We do not expect all plots to be cultivated as your health is a priority. We ask that if you have been asked to stay at home to contact us to let us know. You will not lose your plot.
Please note that NO BONFIRES should be lit on Sundays and Mondays.
The National Allotment Society has advice for those still tending to their allotment:
Leiston Good Neighbour Scheme
Leiston is very lucky to have a Leiston Good Neighbour Scheme in place to help those most vulnerable and isolated, this now includes those that are self-isolating due to the Coronavirus. We ask that if you would like to help your neighbours or if you need any help, that you please get in touch with those that run the Leiston Good Neighbour Scheme, this ensures that all help that is offered by trusted persons and given to those in need. More information about the Leiston Good Nieghbour Scheme page.
What to do if you have Coronavirus Symptoms:
Stay at home for 10 days and Order a Test if you have these symptoms:
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly.
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
As a minimum, please ensure that you are following the Public Health England (PHE) recommendations for general cold and flu precautions to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze (follow the simple Catch it, Bin it, Kill it rule).
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Those with a new persistent cough or high temperature are advised to self-isolate for seven days.
- Those over-70 are advised not to go on cruises.
- International school trips are inadvisable.
- If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Play Parks Covid-19 Posters
Please note the Outside Gym, Skate Park and BMX Pump Track are all OPEN.