Proposals for a new route for buses travelling from Aldeburgh have been suggested to work with the proposed one-way system. This means buses would now turn into Seaward Avenue, and down Sylvester Road with a bus stop on Sizewell Road, offering residents on the east side of the town better accessibility to a bus stop. Buses would then continue along Sizewell Road and over to Cross Street with a new central bus stop for the town which will then follow the old route to Saxmundham or Knodishall. The return journey will remain the same as present.
- Buses (64/521) which currently travel northbound along the High Street will be diverted via a new route.
- Buses from Aldeburgh will travel along a new route via Seaward Avenue, Sylvester Road, Sizewell Road and Cross Street, before proceeding towards Saxmundham or Knodishall along their old route.
- Cross Street will also be open to westbound buses.
- New bus stops on Sizewell Road and Cross Street will be served by routes 64, 521 and 522.
- Scheme will deliver improved bus stop facilities at the Library.